Thursday, June 19, 2008

day one (sort-of)





OK, so today is really day 3 but it's day one of the blog and day one of actual work so I thought the title was appropriate. Here is a shot from the plane one the way into camp and yes, we did fly through that pass.

The first 2 days were spent getting everything unpacked and organized and getting everyone acquainted and moved in. Here is where I will be living the next 2 months - home sweet home

Today we did some stream sediment sampling and while I didn't get a picture of that, I did get a sweet shot of the helicopter on the hill - it's a rough life, I know.


ps I struggle with the computer and I couldn't get these pictures and descriptions to match up but you can figure it out, right? I'll work it out for next time.

5 comments:

tingfam said...

Lindsay,

I love the blog. Today's the Summer Solstice so go howl at the moon. Be careful and have fun. We're all fine down here. It's hot today.

Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsay,
We are so excited you are blogging your adventure!! It looks like such an amazing place. We will check in on you often.

PS. I learn that if you add your pictures and then comment below them you can hold and drag the picture to where you want it to be. Hope that helps.

baucomfamily said...

You should have a photography degree too! Great pictures! Thank you for giving me one more blog to read at work!!!!! You are the coolest!
XXOO
TL

jmb said...

Ummm those images are AMAZING! I can't believe those are your living quarters and that is your work setting. Totally cool, outstanding, amazing. SO glad you took the oppertunity to be up there because it looks like a dream.
This weekend I did the wasatch back race with my friends, the one Lauren told us about and you were thinking of doing it? Um, it was a amazing, yet just one more telling example that my body is NOT made for running.
Wish you were there - miss ya cuz

ting19 said...

thanks everyone! it is crazy that i am living up here and they are paying me for it. jess- that's cool about the race, i want to hear more about it- do you have pictures? happy solstice everyone, love ya!