Tuesday, July 1, 2008

we claim this land...




So it turns out we actually know what we are doing out here and the big-wigs in Canada have decided to claim some stakes based on what we have found. What this means is that this mining company now owns these big, beautiful mountains and they can dig them up at will - oh goodie! (did you sense the sarcasm?) Sometimes I wonder why I am out here working for a company that I don't agree with at all but then I just look around and remember - at least I get to see it while it's still here:) The only cool thing about this whole process it how it happens: we label and date all these stakes, load them into the helicopter, and then fly around chucking them out into a grid - marking our claims. Basically it's like extreme lawn darts.

2 comments:

tingfam said...

Hey there Lids! we love you and can't believe the adventure you are having out there. Try not to think about the mining company thing right now. We are proud our little girl. We have been trying to call the #, but it always goes to voicemail and I feel funny leaving a message. We'll keep trying! Love, your mom

tingfam said...

Great post. I love the lawn darts. Since you're destroying the landscape anyway, try hitting a bear or a caribou or something! jk

Dad